- The cups shall be the Hilton Petone Cup(s) (winners Division 1, winners Division 2) and the Jack Evans Memorial Trophy (runner-up Division 1). The cups are the property of the Petone Football Club Inc.
- The entire control and management of the Tournament shall be vested in the Petone Football Club except for judicial action arising from cautions/dismissals received by players during the matches.
- The preliminary rounds shall be played on a championship basis with three points for a win and one point for a draw.
- Group winners and runners-up will progress to the Knockout rounds e.g. quarter finals (this may vary depending on the number of entries). In both divisions, criteria for placings will be firstly; points, then goal difference, then goals for, then the winner of the round robin game between the two sides.
- Duration of Matches:
- Group Games and Friendlies: Three 30 minute thirds shall be played with two x 7 minute breaks between thirds. Normal 45 minute halves can be played if agreed between the referee and the two teams before the start of the match.
- Knockout Games: Two equal halves of 45 minutes shall be played with a 15 minute halftime break. The duration of play and the taking of penalty kicks at the completion of extra time shall follow FIFA rules (as applied to the Chatham Cup Competition) except that there will be no extra time played. In all games (including the finals), if there is a draw at the end of normal time, teams will go into a penalty shoot-out.
- Group Games and Friendlies: Teams are allowed to use up to seven rolling substitutes during a game. All endeavours should be made to make substitutions during the two x 7 minute breaks where possible to limit the amount of stoppages.
- Knockout Games: Teams are allowed to use up to five substitutes during a game (not rolling).
- Player Eligibility:
- Guest players may participate on the condition that they play only with the written consent of the Club with which they are registered with in COMET, such consent to be on that clubs’ letterhead or in an email from that clubs’ official contact and made available to the Tournament Organiser on request.
- No player may play for more than one club during the Tournament unless special approval is granted by the Tournament Organiser upon request.
- Up to four players in total can be re-graded down from any one team per match (only applies to the movement of players down a division)
- In the event of a clash of colours, the second named team in the draw shall be the “away” team and shall be required to change.
- ISPS Handa Premiership players can participate in the Tournament for their last registered Club providing they are released to do so by the Premiership coach.
1) A player receiving three yellow cards will be suspended for the next Tournament match, including the final.
2) A player who is sent off will be suspended as ruled by the Tournament Judicial Committee. New Zealand Football Regulation 7 – Penalties for misconduct by players – shall apply in this case.
The Tournament Judicial Committee will include the Capital Football Federation General Manager. Clubs will be advised of any suspensions and cautions. Suspensions and/or cautions imposed shall be confined to the Hilton Petone Tournament and NOT carry over into the season proper.